They say you need to learn to love yourself and then, you can love anyone else. Love starts with loving yourself, and we agree with this. But is this the only benefit (the skill to fall in love and have love to others) of loving yourself?
By all means, it isn’t. Psychology specialists of all ranks, countries, and occupations have been discussing the matter of figuring it out how to love yourself for a long time. The main idea, of course, is to make people start doing it and enjoying the positive side of it.
When you love yourself, you don’t only start loving the others or the world you live in, but you become capable of overcoming so many boundaries, obstacles, and prejudices you used to be stopped by to fulfill your goals and dreams.
To live happily in your skin – this is another way to say that you love yourself! We are here to help you out. We are here to give you the hints about the easiest steps to take to learn how to love yourself. Because these little steps will bring you joy and long life! Here is how to love yourself for longer life, guys…
What exactly is to love yourself?
Some of you might have already asked themselves about it. Others are asking it now, reading our material and considering improving their lives by making them longer. According to us, to love yourself means to at first, respect yourself. There cannot be any love without respect, can it?
On the other side, we believe that to loving yourself means to put yourself before the others. We are not talking about being selfish and neglecting our better halves, kids, family or our best friends. You have to be less careful in trying to indulge everyone. And don’t you even dare to make people’s opinion more important than your personality. It gets harder when you stop thinking about your wellness, about your needs and your place in the world.
If you do love yourself, you are going to be blessed with many benefits, like the following:
- You will always have the courage to go on. No matter what happens or who has caused your pain. You will stand up and continue as a fighter.
- You get more compassionate. Many people claim that the more you love yourself, the more passion you’ve got to make others happy, especially when they are miserable.
- Feeling amazing in your skin is the comfort we all want, don’t we? Well, start loving yourself, and you will get this comfort.
- The more you love yourself, the more positive person you become. We are not some fanatics to preach the theory of turning every thought into action. But let’s face it – positive thinking does make positive things.
- When you love yourself, you have realistic goals set in front of you. And in most cases, you do achieve them, because you also believe in yourself.
Living for a long time shouldn’t be anyone’s main purpose in life. But living a great peaceful life with positive emotions should. Indeed, the reasonable life that is worth it every second spent in harmony is better than just a life of many years. Let ’s not forget that negative emotions bring stress. And according to the newest science researchers stress is the biggest power that reduces our life length. You can reduce the stress naturally using breathing techniques.
Why not instead living a great and positive life? It will be longer in comparison to life that comes with negativism all the time. Negative thinking shortens your life. The more miserable you are, the shorter time you live. Because isn’t real life the real happy moments like when being in love, doing good for your beloved people, raising your kids with a smile even when they are pissing you off, seeing your family happy?
This is real life. And it gets long enough if spent in harmony. And harmony isn’t possible if not loving yourself. Yes, this is, as a matter of fact, another determination behind the condition to love yourself – to be in harmony with yourself. So yes, both – to love yourself and to live a long life is connected and in many cases, they are even the same things.
Love yourself and live longer
People should more respect, trust and believe in themselves – this is our mission we would like to preach if we could, somehow. We know that if doing all of these, longer life is guaranteed to us. We also know that when being satisfied with what and who you are, you are accepting life what it is.
You stop fighting with things you cannot change. You don’t even want to change them anymore as you like yourself the way you are. Because those who love themselves, also like themselves. It’s not like being keen or in love with your personality. It is about being who you are, not imitating someone else’s life, but living your own. And when you are, you live for longer.
Long life is life with a long series of positive emotions. People who hate themselves just cannot enjoy positivism at all. They cannot stand themselves. They even sometimes want to disappear. And usually, they have no place to run away to as the only place we are stuck to live in is our bodies, our souls. When we are bound and positively connected to them, we attract positive emotions to our lives.
We make our lives longer because a long life is a happy life and a happy life belongs only too happy people. Why don’t we just drop our prejudices, our negative emotions, the impossible goals we set for ourselves and try to be simpler in our actions, better to ourselves. Yes, the better you treat yourself, the better you live. And any life spent well is a long way to go. Away we would all take.
And last, but not least about this topic – the connection between the long life and to love yourself – we would want to ask you all. Just slow down, stop criticizing yourself, see yourself in the mirror. This is the best version of yourself because it exists. It is now, and you are now in your life that might always be now if you feel the awesomeness of spending it!
Ten tips how to love yourself
Ok, we have said so many things that might have already convinced you to love yourself at full value, right? Though, it is easy to be said, but difficult to do. Many of you might be eager to start loving themselves but finding it hard. You do find difficulties in this chore, too, don’t you?
You need some more directions and help to achieve the desired long life. Don’t worry; this is why we are here. Here are our top amazing and great ten tips how to love yourself:
- Say it loud and explain why you do. Even a lie becomes truth when you repeat it several times, right? The same goes for a thing you want to believe in – like the fact that you love yourself. Find yourself in front of the mirror and say it loud – that you love yourself. But this isn’t going to be enough. You need to convince yourself, so list all of the things that make you love yourself.
- Deal with your negative sides by accepting them. No one is perfect. And sometimes even our faults are charming features. In all cases, you need to reconcile with all bad things you are carrying with yourself to the way going to the long life you want to live and experience.
- Stop searching for the approval by others. People are different, and even if they all start loving themselves, they will yet remain to criticize to the rest. So you don’t need any permission to be someone. You don’t even need someone’s love to start loving yourself.
- Forgive your mistakes and even the toughest sins. First of all, we all have them. Second of all, to love yourself means not only to accept who you are but already what you have done. If it is going to be easier for you, try to correct these mistakes. Or at least ask for forgiveness to all people you were bad.
- Say “thank you” to everyone who has helped you and be grateful for the life that you can live it. Some people cannot move, others cannot see, but you have all those things, and you can enjoy every single moment of your long life from now.
- Perfection is not about control; it’s also about letting go. Don’t judge yourself too hard. Don’t put yourself on a test all the time. You are a human. We are not robots. We deserve to make mistakes once in a while. Otherwise, there will be no sources of wisdom and learn new things for us. Don’t try to be perfect; no one is – oh, we have already said that, right?
- Spend every day as it is your last day. You will not believe how long your life will seem to you once you accept this habit for your lifestyle. When we think something is going away we want to spend or feel it at full value. But isn’t it what we should do with life in general – to spend it at full value?
- Improve yourself every day. This is how you are going to keep your relationship with yourself vivacious. This is how you are never going to be bored when left with yourself only. Those who enjoy the company of their own are those who are ready to love themselves, and they will have a long happy life.
- Don’t stop discovering new things. People who travel a lot are happy people who aren’t bound by materialistic things. And they sometimes need only their own companies. They do love themselves. And they discover new sides of their characters every time they are on the go.
- Ask for help every time you need it. Even if you find yourself in a hole and you feel you aren’t able to love yourself again. Sometimes, the professional need is needed, and you know – it isn’t shameful, it is praiseworthy.
Love yourself and have the life you have always wanted. This is the longest thing you can experience – living a life where only positivism rules and your personality approves!